As we know that in today’s world technology is upgrading day by day so it is in every house, office and any other place where a business is going on. You will see technology in the form of computers, phones, big machines and very important in offices that are a printer. The printer is also having different brands but all over the world, Epson printers are famous due to its stability and quality. But we know that every machine is having some technical issues and we can’t say that particular technology is fully perfect. Likewise in Epson Printers users, many users who are using the Epson printer for a long time are complaining about their Printer in Offline state and display Epson Error Code 0x97.
What is Epson Error Code 0x97?
This error message or we can say that error code says that do your printer off and on once. When it occurs your printer won’t print any papers. Error code 0x97 occurs when there is a problem in the hardware of the printer. So, there are different parts of the printer which are called hardware of it but the Motherboard is a part which is the brain of the printer. All commands and information are passed by it. If your printer motherboard is defected or problematic then surely you will face this error code on your printer. Users have reported that this error code is seen in some of the model’s name as wf-3620, wf-4630, wf-3640 and wf-7610.
This error code is mostly fixed by the technician because it is a problem of the hardware but I must say that before taking it to the technician apply the below fixes which may solve this error code.
Restart Your Printer
Epson printer users and technicians have reported that simply rebooting your printer can solve the error code 0x97. So, make sure at first you restart your printer. All printers have different methods to restart them, some may have the physical power button and some may support the direct restart from the connected device. Let’s see the proper restart mechanism of the Epson printers.
- The first and foremost step is to switch off your printer.
- Now unplug the cable and disconnect USB and all external devices.
- Once you are done with this then till 5 minutes don’t do anything with the printer.
- Now plug in the cable and all needed wires.
- After all, hold the power button for 1 minute.
- Once the 1-minute finish then takes your hand from the power button and check whether the error code persists or not.
So, these were the simple and short steps to restart your Epson printer when you face error code 0x97.
Clean Printer with Wet Tissue
This error code also occurs when the printer is having dust particles and if the ink is spread over the head sprayer. So, the ultimate solution for this error code is to clean that particular part where dust and ink are there. Normal Tissue paper also helps in cleaning the printer internal parts and thereby fixing Printer Printing Blank Pages and Epson Error 0x97. You just have to gently clean all the parts and set them back to their default position.
- Firstly switch off your printer and then go for the further process.
- Now try to open printer casing properly.
- Once you open it then take somewhat hot water and tissue and do it wet.
- Now properly clean the main components or we can say part of the printer with a warm wet tissue.
- Once you are finished with the cleaning then wait for 15 minutes.
- After all, components become dry then assemble it and start your printer.
So likewise, you have to clean the printer. I must say that to clean the printer you should have the technical information about it. If you won’t get an expected result then go to our next solution.
Run Windows Printer Troubleshooter
This fix is the quickest fix because once you run the windows printer troubleshooter then it will detect all issues related to printer and you have to fix it as per the instruction is shown on the screen. The troubleshooting method is different for the windows 10 and for the windows 7 and 8. Troubleshooting Printer issues will surely let you know the actual reason behind the 0x97 printer error.
For Windows 7 and 8
- To start the process hold the Windows key and search for the troubleshooting.
- Now choose troubleshooting from the below options.
- Once you are on the troubleshooting screen then tap on the Use a printer.
- At last tap on the Next button so that your computer detect the printers issue.
- If any issue is shown then it will give you on-screen instructions so you just have to follow it.
These were the steps to run windows printer troubleshooter on Windows 7 and 8.
For Windows 10
- In windows 10 also hold Windows key to search for troubleshooting.
- Now choose Troubleshooting settings from the options below.
- Once you are on the Troubleshooting settings screen so tap on the Printer and then on the Run the troubleshooter.
At last wait till the troubleshooting process is finished. Once finished then check whether the error code arises once again or not. If yes then go to our next fix.
Update Printer Drivers
If your printer is having a wrong or corrupted and outdated driver then also Epson error code 0x97 occurs on the printer. The ultimate solution to this problem is to update the correct and compatible driver for the printer. So, there are 2 ways to update the printer driver first by manually and secondly by automatically. In manually you should have complete knowledge of drivers because in it you have to select by your own the driver for the printer. Whereas in an automatic method you just have to download and install one software name as Driver Easy. In this method, you don’t need to do anything because by one click the Driver Easy will detect the corrupted driver and it will download the right driver for your printer. But make sure in it also there are 2 version one is Free version and second is Pro version. It is on you which version you prefer.
I hope that the above 4 solutions will help you out in fixing Epson error code 0x97. If you really won’t able to fix the error code then my suggestion is to take this error to the technician or report to the Customer support.