After the stable release of Windows 7 Convenience Rollup (SP2) everyone has waited long for the release of Windows 7 Service Pack 3 (SP3) for both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows. Windows 7 Service Pack 3 update was expected by January 2020 but Microsoft has already ended the Windows 7 support on 14th January 2020. We have got your back and will guide you best on how to install the latest Windows 7 updates without official support.
You need to make sure that all Windows Convenience Updates are installed before upgrading to Windows 7 Service Pack 3 (SP3). Windows 7 Service Pack update is highly beneficial for your PC in the terms of performance and security patches.
So first you need to make sure that Service Pack 1 (SP1) is already installed on your Windows then you have to install a services stack update and then install Service Pack 2 (SP2) or Convenience Rollup Update on your Windows for the latest Windows 7 Update of Service Pack 3.
Read Also, Fix – Windows Update cannot currently check for updates on Windows 7
Step 1: Check Your Windows 7 Version (32 bit or 64 bit)
You need to verify your PCs Windows 7 version, whether 32 bit or 64 bit Windows installed on your PC. 32 Bit computers can install only 32 bit Windows but you can install both the versions on the 64 bit Windows. It is recommended to install the same version as your PC supports for the better performance of Service Pack 3 (SP3) on your Windows.
- Open Start Menu.
- Right click on Computer and open properties.
- Verify your Windows Versions.
Now you have to proceed accordingly while installing the Windows update.
Step 2: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Update
You need to make sure that Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Update is completely installed on your system. First, check out the current Windows Service Pack update, you can skip to the next step in case Service Pack 1 (SP1) is already installed on your Windows. Search for winver in the Windows Start Menu to verify the Service Pack update on your Windows, go to step 3 if Service Pack 1 (SP1) update already installed and step 4 if Service Pack 2 (SP2) is already installed on your Windows 7.
Carry on to download and install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Update.
Now we will download Windows 7 Offline Installer Update from the official Microsoft site.
- Open Microsoft Download Site to select Windows 7 iso file.
- Click on Install and add only iso file to begin the download.
- DVD file will appear in My Computer once the download is complete. You can try double clicking on the downloaded iso file if DVD file doesn’t appear.
- Double click on setup file to begin the installation of Service Pack Update.
Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Update.
- Select the language and input method.
- Accept terms and click on custom install.
- Select your drive to install windows system files. You can also make the partition if you want to.
- It will take a few minutes based on your system capabilities to install Windows 7 on your PC and it will also automatically restart two to three times while installing.
Once the offline installation is complete and you are able to access the desktop, check out the windows update in winver, Service Pack Update is successfully installed on your Windows. Now let’s install Servicing Stack update on your Windows.
Step 3: Install Servicing Stack Update on Windows 7
Servicing Stack Update is necessary before installing Windows 7 Service Pack 3 update as it ensures all windows inbuilt services. It is a must for the better performance of your Windows. It is all together bundled with the service libraries, packages, and other resources.
- Download Servicing Stack Update from the Microsoft site.
- Simply install it on your PC.
It will ensure safe passage to further Service Pack Update. Also, fix unusual traffic from your computer error on your pc.
Step 4: Windows 7 Service Pack 2 (SP2) or Convenience Rollup Update
- Download Windows 7 Service Pack Update for 32 bit PC
- Download Windows 7 Service Pack Update for 64 bit PC
Double click on the downloaded file to begin the update installation.
Step 5: Download Windows 7 Service Pack 3 Update (32 bit or 64 bit)
You need to enable Windows 7 Auto Update to automatically download Windows 7 Service Pack 3 (SP3) Update. Turning on Windows 7 Auto Update will keep your Windows 7 up to date and further you won’t need to manually search, download and install the latest available update, your PC will do it by itself. Even you won’t need to worry about errors and fixes of missing drivers and updates. Now make sure that Windows 7 Auto Update is enabled from the beginning itself.
- Press Start Button and Search for Windows Update.
- Click on the Change Settings in the left menu.
- Drop down the option of Important Update and change it to the ‘Install updates automatically (recommended)’.
That’s It, Now you won’t miss any Windows 7 Service Pack 3 Update. Hopefully, your PC is updated to the latest SP3 update.