After the stable release of Windows 7 Convenience Rollup (SP2) everyone has waited long for the release of Windows 7 Service Pack 3 for both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows. Windows 7 Service Pack 3 update was expected by January 2018 but now Windows might release it before it officially disconnects the support for the Windows 7 by January 2020.
You need to make sure that all Windows Convenience Updates are installed before upgrading to the Windows 7 Service Pack 3. Windows 7 Service Pack updates are highly beneficial for your PC in both the terms of performance and security patches.
So first you need to make sure that Service Pack 1 is already installed on your Windows then you have to install services stack updates and then install Convenience Rollup Updates on your Windows for the latest Windows 7 Updates of Service Pack 3.
Read Also – Windows Updates cannot currently check for updates on Windows 7 – How to fix?
Step 1: Check Your Windows 7 Version (32 bit or 64 bit)
You need to verify your PCs Windows 7 version, whether 32 bit or 64 bit Windows installed on your PC. 32 Bit computers can install only 32 bit Windows but you install both the versions on the 64 bit Windows. It is recommended to install the same version as your PC supports for the better the performance of Service Pack 3 on your Windows.
- Open Start Menu.
- Right click on Computer and open properties.
- Verify your Windows Versions.
Now you have to proceed accordingly while installing the Windows updates.
Step 2: Install Windows 7 Service Pack Updates
First, check out current Windows Service Pack update, you can skip to the next step in case SP1 is already installed on your Windows. Search for winver in the Windows Start Menu to verify the Service Pack updates on your Windows, go to the step 3 if Service Pack 1 updates already installed on your Windows 7.
Carry on to install Windows 7 Service Pack 3 Updates.
- Open Microsoft Download Site to select Windows 7 iso file.
- Click on Install and add only iso file to begin the download.
- DVD file will appear in My Computer once the download is complete. You can try double clicking on downloaded iso file if DVD file doesn’t appear.
- Double click on setup file to begin the installation of Service Pack Updates.
Installing Windows 7 Service Pack Updates.
- Select the language and input method.
- Accept terms and click on custom install.
- Select your drive to install windows system files. You can also make the partition if you want to.
- It will take a few minutes based on your system capabilities to install Windows 7 on your PC and it will also automatically restart two to three times while installing.
Once the installation is complete and you are able to access the desktop, check out the windows updates in winver, Service Pack Updates are successfully installed on your Windows. Now let’s install Servicing Stack updates on your Windows.
Step 3: Install Servicing Stack Updates on Windows 7
Servicing Stack Updates are necessary before installing Windows 7 Service Pack 3 updates as it ensures all windows inbuilt services. It is a must for the better performance of your Windows. It is all together bundled with the service libraries, packages and other resources.
- Download Servicing Stack Update from the Microsoft site.
- Simply install it on your PC.
It will ensure safe passage to further Service Pack Updates. Also, fix unusual traffic from your computer error on your pc.
Step 4: Windows 7 Service Pack Convenience Rollup Update
- Download Windows 7 Service Pack Update for 32 bit PC
- Download Windows 7 Service Pack Update for 64 bit PC
Double click on the downloaded file to begin the update installation.
Step 5: Ensured Windows 7 Service Pack 3 Updates
You need to enable Windows 7 Auto Updates for the ensured Windows 7 Service Pack 3 Updates. Turning on Windows 7 Auto Updates will keep your Windows 7 up to date and further you won’t need to manually search, download and install the latest available update your PC will do it by itself. Even you won’t need to worry about errors and fixes of missing drivers and updates. Now make sure that Windows 7 Auto Update is enabled from the beginning itself.
- Press Start Button and Search for Windows Updates.
- Click on the Change Settings in the left Menu.
- Drop down the option of Important Updates and change it to the ‘Install updates automatically (recommended)’.
That’s It, Now you won’t miss any Windows 7 Service Pack 3 Updates. Hopefully, your PC is updated to the latest service pack updates.