On my computer, I tried to launch one of the games or programs but the program was not launched and I get one error message saying “The program can’t start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem”. Sometimes this error message is also stated as “The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem”. So, if you get any error message from the above then don’t be frustrated because you have landed on the right page which will provide you the causes as well as fixes with detailed solutions. We will easily fix MSVCP140.dll missing error so you can run your favorite app or software without any disturbance.
What is MSVCP140.dll?
MSVCP140.dll is one of the file name as Dynamic Link Library. The size of this file is 626 KB and it is downloaded automatically when you install Visual C ++ Redistributable package on your system. It is located in the System32 folder. This file is an essential part of the Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable package. The application which is developed using the Visual C ++ language is not launched if you don’t have the MSVCP140.dll file or if this file is corrupted then you won’t able to launch the particular program or we can say application. Mostly this error message occurs in the case of launching online games like PUBG, WordPress, and Skype. It is said that on PUBG PC Lite and Skype this error message is arising frequently because of the new updates. If your system does not include Visual C ++ Redistributable package then Skype, online games and other programs will deny launching. So, the MSVCP140.dll file is important in your system.
If you face this error on your system then apply the below fixes and get rid of MSVCP140.dll missing error. Before going to the fixes I must say that if you face any error related to MSVCP140.dll file then you can follow the below fixes.
Download MSVCP140.dll File
As we know that MSVCP140.dll file is one of the essential parts and a component of Visual C ++ Redistributable package. So, if you get the MSVCP140.dll or vcruntime140.dll missing error on Windows 10 system then the first and foremost fix you have to apply is just reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ packages on your system. When you install windows on your computer at that time MSVCP140.dll is also downloaded automatically. No need to separately download MSVCP140.dll file as it is part of the Visuall Redistributable package. So, it is important for the system. If this file is corrupted then you can download it from the different sources but it may contain viruses and malware. So, it is good to download the whole package from the Microsoft official website.
- At first, go to the Microsoft official website and launch the Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable update page and select the language and tap on the Download button which is full of red color.
- Now choose the file as per the version of windows.
- After the file is downloaded then do twice tap on it and read the on-screen instructions to install it.
- Now do restart your computer.
Once all steps are applied then launch the program that was giving an error message to you. If once again you get the error message then go to our last solution which is exactly below to this solution.
Install MSVCP140.dll File
You can manually download the MSVCP140.dll file from the internet or other sources. This will surely fix the error message because most of the time this error message occurs due to missing this file. So, to install it you can download and install DLL files Client. You don’t have to bother about the system and you don’t need the exact knowledge of files because in one click DLL files Client will install the correct file.
- First of all download and install DLL-files.com Client from its official website.
- Now open the application and you will have a search box so search for the MSVCP140.dll.
- And then tap on the button name as Search for DLL file for the further process.
- Now from the search result tap on the msvcp140.dll.
- At last, you will have an Install button full of orange color so hit on it.
By following the above steps on your system you will have the missing file back. So, follow it in sequence without skipping a single step.
Re-install Particular Program
Let me recall the error message MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer system and you are not able to play or use your favorite PUBG, Fortnite, COD, and Photoshop. The error message itself states the fix that reinstalls the particular software or app to resolve this error message. Follow the steps to reinstall the software on Windows 10 and then try launching the game again.
- Hold Windows key + R key to have run dialog box. Once you have it then in it type appwiz.cpl and hit the OK button.
- Now you will have Programs and Features window on the screen.
- Find the program which is giving you an error message. Once you find it then do right tap on it and hit on the Uninstall.
- Now you will have a confirmation message to confirm that you want to really uninstall this program. So tap on the Yes button to give confirmation.
- At last, do restart your computer.
After all, launch the program that was giving the error message, first download MSVCP140.dll and see that the error message persists or not. You can also our article on bad module info pubg crash to fix other PUBG Game related errors.
I hope that this much content is enough to fix this error message. But if you won’t get the positive output from the above fix then scan your system and see that your system does not contain viruses because malware is also one of the main causes of the MSVCP140.dll missing error.