Facebook is the most popular social network across the globe. There are a million Facebook users every day making it the most preferred social network medium for sharing information with friends and families.
You can download the Facebook desktop app for free and customize the menus based on your importance and needs. Facebook App for Desktop can be downloaded to both Window and Mac devices. Once installed on your device, you can use the various features to view and update your profile, post your pictures and videos, update new status, show your location, see friend’s updates and chat with them.
There are various ways to access Facebook on desktop in the market but the Facebook desktop app helps you to use Facebook in new ways without having to use facebook.com for the web. The app works for both Windows and Mac computers.
Why should you download the Facebook Desktop App?
- Facebook Desktop App is easy to use and install. You can navigate through the app using the various controls on the screen
- An app allows you to conveniently switch to various screen modes within seconds.
- Enable you to control access to your account. The app allows you to customize your profile according to how much data you want to share through the social network. It also allows you to configure your privacy setting to determine who can access your information.
Key features of Facebook Desktop App
- Customizable features: The facebook desktop app is suitable for group and page admins because they can easily customize and manage the pages right from their PC, tablet or even using the mobile device.
- Real-time updates: Facebook App on the desktop provides you with real-time updates of new posts on your wall, read messages and friends requests at a go using your Windows PC.
- Navigation menu: There are several quick navigation links on the left column with news feed, friends, events and information about joined pages or groups.
- User-friendly interface: Facebook desktop app is easy to use and more secure. You can easily share photos and status updates with friends and families. Once your friends and family update their status, you’re able to get the posts displayed in real-time on your wall.
- Tray notifications on the screen: When someone on your circle or a friend comments on your shared photos, you get a pop up alert message on your taskbar.
- Facebook groups: You can join several groups to discuss, share ideas, learn and much more.
- Photo and videos uploader: You can upload photos and videos directly from the app and tag friends. You can also watch and share live videos and photos with friends and families.
- Photo album: Facebook desktop app allows you to create a photo album and be able to add several photos at once to the album.
- Dashboard widget: The widget displays information on friend requests, group invites, notifications on new messages and an update to the user.
How to install the Facebook Desktop App?
- Open the start menu and click on the Windows store button.
- On the search area, type Facebook
- Choose the Facebook App for Desktop and click Install
- Once installed, you need to sign-in to your Facebook account and start using.
Install the Chrome Extension
If you couldn’t found FB App on your Microsoft Store then try out its Chrome Extension for Windows, MAC, and Linux. Your PC will just need the Chrome Browser and you will even separately able to launch the Facebook App on your system.
So let’s follow the steps to download, install and start using Facebook App on the desktop.
Download Facebook.com.crx file on your computer and place it on the Desktop or appropriate folder.
Open Chrome new tab, paste chrome://extensions URL in the address bar, and Toggle ON the Developer Mode.
Drag and drop the downloaded CRX file to install the extension.
Once installed, Facebook Desktop App will appear in the Chrome Apps list (chrome://apps) and it will be launched as a separate App with the FB icon.
You can also access it from the Windows Start Menu and even create its shortcut on the Desktop.
Search for it in the Windows Start Menu, Press the Right Mouse click, and tap on the Open file location, and simply copy its icon to your desktop.
- Facebook Desktop Site on Phone
- Facebook Image Search
- How to Hack a Facebook Account
- How to use Tinder without Facebook
- Why Facebook is so slow
- Download Facebook Videos
- How to Logout of Facebook Messenger
- Facebook App for Desktop helps to Connect with friends on PC too.
- Displays current status updates
- Several responsive controls for easy use and set up
- Can easily share photos, messages and videos easily
- Several features to easily customize your profile are available on Facebook Desktop App.
- Ability to minimize and maximize multiple chats at once
- Privacy issues: Each user is responsible for how much information to share through the network and configuration of privacy settings. Whether you are using facebook on your phone or on Facebook Desktop App, privacy is what always went on sale.
- Facebook can get very addictive on your desktop too.