If you are using Windows 10 or 7 then you must be aware of range of issues which occurs due to somewhat reasons. Likewise, there is one boot bcd 0xc00000f and it is one of the types of a blue screen of death error (BSOD). Mainly this error code arises with a relation of Windows boot manager. As I have mentioned about Windows so it includes all operating systems like Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. This error code is related to the Windows boot manager file (File:\boot\bcd) so it occurs while booting the Windows operating system. Error in boot bcd file prevents you to start your Windows and you are unable to log in it.
In many user’s minds, there is one question of why boot bcd 0xc00000f error occurs while starting the Windows 10 or 7? So, your answer is here, when you encounter this error message at that time this error message makes it impossible for the operating system to read the data related to booting configuration so due to it you will see a message of the blue screen of death saying your PC needs to be repaired. By seeing it you will be totally confused that how to get rid of it. Once you are on this platform then you don’t need to take tension because we are here with its possible causes as well as fixes with detailed solutions.
Once you read the causes then you will have direct knowledge that which fix is for you. And if you won’t get the exact cause then follow the fix till you won’t get the 0xc00d5212 error code fixed. So, below are some possible causes or we can say reasons behind the occurrence of this error code.
- If there a system file is corrupted. The system file gets damaged or corrupted if you turn off the computer while program is running. So, to avoid it turn off the computer after the program is totally finished.
- If you are using any hard drive cable for a number of years then it may be damaged. If it is damaged then it will lead to error code 0xc00000f on Windows.
- If your Windows BCD file is corrupted or damaged then also you will face the 0xc00000f error on Windows 10 or 7.
So, these were the causes of error code 0xc00000f. Once you read it then I think that you will have somewhat knowledge of its fixes and if you don’t have then follow all the fixes which are given below:
Replace faulty HDD cables
You have to apply this fix first because this fix is basic. You will also face the 0xc00000f boot bcd on Windows 7 or 10 when there is a faulty hard drive data cable connected to your computer. This error code occurs if you are using damaged or if you are using corrupted external devices. So, the ultimate solution to this problem is to replace the external cables and devices with a new one if they are damaged. So for this, you have to first check that the external cable and devices are working or not, If not then only you have yo replace it with a new one. Once you finished with it then check that you get the error code back or the error code persists on your Windows. If yes then go on our next solutions.
Make use of Startup Repair
Startup Repair is one of the tools which fixes the issue related to the system. It has the power to recover damaged and corrupted system files. This utility is an inbuilt utility that comes under the System Recovery Options menu. As we have discussed that Windows boot manager or we can say BCD is one of the main causes of the 0xc00000f error. So, to repair and to replace it you have to make use of Startup Repair. So, to do soo follow the below guide in sequence.
- First of all, go on the BIOS settings and set the Removable Devices for the boot so that your computer starts from the Windows installation disk.
- Now you will have a screen showing Repair your computer which is at the bottom left side so tap on it for the further process.
- Now follow the path as Troubleshoot > Advanced options and then on the Startup Repair option.
- Once you do it then startup repair will start scanning and it will repair the damaged or corrupted files if found.
For this method, you should have patience because it will take somewhat time so wait till the process is not completed. Once the process is completed then restart your computer and then check that the error message persists or not. If you face windows update error 0x80070422 while applying this setting then first you have to scan your computer for viruses and malware.
Repair and Rebuild BCD
If you won’t get the expected result from the above method then you can also repair and rebuild the Boot BCD file. In causes of 0xc00000f, there are two main causes namely nvlddmkm.sys bsod and corrupted or damaged BCD. You have to repair and rebuild this Boot BCD by using the Command Prompt. For this, we are here with detailed steps so follow them.
- For this also you have to go on the BIOS settings and you have to set CD – ROM for the boot. By doing this your computer will be boot from the Windows installation disk.
- Now on the screen, you will have one option name as Repair your computer so tap on it which is at the bottom left side.
- After that, you have to tap on the Troubleshoot and then on the Advanced options.
- In the Advanced options also you will have options so go on the Command Prompt and tap on it for the further process.
- Once you have a command prompt then type the command as bootrec /fixmbr, bootrec /fixboot, bootrec /scanos, bootrec /rebuildbcd. Make sure that after each command you tap on the enter.
These steps and this command will lead to the scanning of your computer and will repair and rebuild the Boot BCD. Once the whole process is finished then restart your computer.
I hope that the this blog fixes boot bcd 0xc00000f error on Wind0ws 10. Apart from it if you know that the Windows USB file system is making issues then run the SFC scanner for it.