Microsoft pushed Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22454.1000 (rs_prerelease) to the Dev Channel users. Dev Channel is meant to receive build directly from the developer’s team. Dev channel users are expected to get new features in advance than Beta Channel but its build feature may not work properly at times.
Windows 11 Build 22454.1000 will follow the next build version to the previous Windows 11 22449 builds. All the features in the Dev Channel build are not expected to appear in the first public release of Windows 11 on 5th October 2021.
Also, Windows 11 Taskbar is not Centered in this Build so think twice before updating. I literally came back to the previous build 22449.
Now let’s look at the latest features, fixes, and issues with Windows 11 22454.1000 Build.
Also, check out Windows 11 22000.184 build from the Beta Channel.
Also, check out the latest Windows 11 Insider Preview 22000.194 and Windows 11 Build 22458 updates to the Dev and Beta Channel.
Changes and Improvements to Windows 11 22454
- Windows 11 Recycle Bin got changes in the context menu on the desktop. Right-click on the Recycle bin icon on the desktop to see a modern menu.
- Network share in a File Explorer got an update to its context menu by pinning it to the Quick Access menu. Earlier pinning option was accessed from its show more option.
Korean IME got Windows 11 Visual
Microsoft enabled Input Method support for Korean users. It will help Korean users to use Windows 11 in their own language and provide feedback. New Korean IME will get Windows 11 acrylic design visual for context menus, selective visuals, and dark mode color and theme settings.
Some Windows Insiders will get it through Windows 11 Build 22454 on the Dev Channel. It will definitely give compatibility and performance boost.
- Fixed Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) for continuously keep checking for unknown bugs.
- Windows Terminal is back to the quick access menu.
- Windows 11 Start Menu performance improved with Build 22454.
- Taskbar got a lot of fixes for flyouts, previews, thumbnails, and icon tooltips.
- File Explorer context menu got more reliable than earlier.
Known Issues with Windows 11 Build 22454
- Windows 11 Taskbar not centered
- System option is missing on Windows Terminal getting back to the Windows + X menu.
- Show hidden icons option do not work with Taskbar.
- Windows Sandbox not launching for some Dev Channel users.
- Microsoft Store Search still shows irrelevant search items.
We will conclude with all the major changes and improvements to Windows 11 Build 22454.