Verizon Fios Quantum Gateway (myfiosgateway) comes under the best WiFi Routers in the market. Myfiosgateway router unlike most of the major routers supports all the connections types including Wireless WiFi, Ethernet and other means of cables. You can connect all of your devices including your phone, computer, laptop, tablet and smart assistants to the internet or home network easily using Myfiosgateway router.
You must know about all the settings of Verizon Myfiosgateway, in order to use all of its features. Now let’s go through all the settings one by one.
How to Change Myfiosgateway WiFi Password?
Along with the tighter security of our WiFi Networks, more WiFi password cracking techniques has also evolved to the great extends. Hence for the better WiFi security, It is recommended to keep changing the WiFi password once in every two to three months. Sometime you might have forgotten Myfiosgateway password, or If your friends know your WiFi password and you want to reset it then go through the steps to change Myfjiosgateway Password.
Note: You need to be connected with your Myfiosgateway WiFi, in order to change its Password.
- Open a new tab on your browser.
- Type 192.168.1.1 IP address in the URL box and hit enter.
- Enter username as admin and type default password from the back sticker of your WiFi router.
- Navigate to the Wireless Settings (Top Menu) and then to the Basic Security Settings (Left Menu).
- Scroll down to WiFi Security and Click on the selected WPA2 Radio Button.
- Now Scroll down the Authentication Method to enter your new password.
How to hide Myfiosgateway WiFi from others?
If you are willing to allow only specific devices to connect to your Myfiosgateway WiFi or if you want to hide it from others then you must apply this setting. You just have to filter the mac addresses of your devices and no other device will be able to connect to your WiFi, though they know the password.
- Visit 192.168.1.1 IP and login to your router.
- Go to Wireless Settings and then to the Advanced Security Settings.
- Scroll down to the Level 3 Limit access to the certain wireless devices.
- Click on the Wireless MAC Authentication.
- One by one enter your devices MAC addresses in the Client MAC Address box and tap on Apply to save the settings.
See the list of connected devices to know the MAC Address of your device.
So this is how you can restrict other devices from connecting to your Myfiosgateway WiFi.
How to reset Myfiosgateway WiFi Router?
You can consider resetting Myfiosgateway WiFi Router in the multiple cases such as if you have forgotten the changed admin password or if you forgot to add your own device MAC address in the MAC filtering. This method will reset all router settings to the default including the admin and WiFi passwords.
- Press and hold the RED Reset Button on the back of the Myfiosgateway WiFi Router.
- It will restart your router once the reset is complete.
- Connect your device to the WiFi, you can find the default password on the back label.
- Open the browser on your device and enter 192.168.1.1.
- Input username as an admin and enter default admin password from the back label of your router.
- Follow the instructions to set up your router for the first usage.
Read Also, How to Fix:
Once the setup is complete you will be able to connect to the Verizon Myfiosgateway Wifi and use the internet on your devices. You can change the default passwords of your WiFi using our above guide.