Well, with the advancement in technology the HP printer is more convenient to use and has become a smart printer. In the case of printers, all people prefer HP because it gives a number of features as compared to other companies. Using an HP printer you can print documents with one click at any time and from anywhere. This can be possible when you actually know “How to connect HP printer to WiFi?”. Here you will get a complete guide to connect HP printer to WiFi. Before going on the actual guide you first need to confirm that your HP printer is having this wireless connectivity feature or not because there are HP printers in which wireless connectivity is not possible. Your HP printer should be a Wireless Printer.
There are multiple options by which you can connect your HP Printer to WiFi. You have multiple options it is because of advanced technology. I have selected the 4 best methods or we can say ways to connect HP Printer to WiFi.
Using HP Auto-Wireless Connect Feature
Using this you will be able to connect automatically your HP printer to WiFi. Before going on actual steps you have to unplug the USB and internet cable from the HP printer. To connect you don’t need to enter the wireless network username and password. It is a fully automatic process. You just have to follow the exact steps given below.
- First of all, you have to download and install the HP Auto-Wireless Setup software for your HP Printer. For this go to the HP support page. It will ask you to enter the printer model number, so enter it and make sure you download the needed driver for your operating system. To install the driver follow the on-screen instructions properly.
- Now it’s time to turn on your HP printer. After this run the Auto-Wireless Setup software on it.
- After this, you have to choose Wireless as Network Connection type and tap on the “Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer (recommended)”.
This will take few minutes to connect. At last when it is connected tap on Finish. Now you can print documents at any time from anywhere using your phone.
Also Read: Why is My Printer Offline
Using a Wireless Setup Wizard
In this method, you have to make use of the Wireless Setup Wizard on the HP printer’s Control Panel. You can apply this method if you have an HP printer adding graphics display. If you don’t know how to use Wireless Setup Wizard then apply the steps below.
- At first turn on your HP Printer by long press on the Power button.
- Now disable all the external cables such as USB or ethernet.
- Look for the Control Panel in your printer. Once you get it then tap on it for the further steps.
- After this tap on the Wireless icon and then select the Network menu.
- From the network, menu tap on the Wireless Settings and then hit on the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- On the screen look for the network. Once you get it then enter the WPA or WEP key.
- At last hit on OK button.
You have successfully connected the HP printer to WiFi. If this method won’t work in your case then go on below other methods.
Using WPS Push Button
This method is for those users who have WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) Pushbutton on both devices name as router or modem and HP printer. Using this method you can connect the HP printer to WiFi in 2 – 3 minutes. The first and foremost step is to push the WPS button on your printer.
In case, if there is no physical push button on the printer then you will need to launch the Control Panel of your printer to have the WPS pushbutton. To have a WPS push button go through the below steps.
- Click on the Wireless menu and then tap on Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- You have to follow the on-screen instructions to fully complete the setup.
- After all the tap on the WPS Button option. By doing this it will turn on.
Now you have to press WPS Pushbutton on your router. Make sure you complete this step within 2 minutes. After this, your device will ask for WPS Password so, enter it. If you don’t have a password then you get it from Wi-Fi Protected Setup. So, this is how you can make use of WPS Pushbutton to connect the HP printer to WiFi.
Also Read: HP Printer Not Printing Black
How to connect HP printer to WiFi without Router?
Yes, it is possible with the help of Wi-Fi Direct and HP Wireless Direct. You can print and document if you don’t have an internet facility using any device such as a computer, laptop, smartphone, and tablet. All you need to do is to connect your device to the HP WiFi Printer.
- Launch the Control Panel of your Printer and turn on HP Wireless Direct or Wi-Fi direct.
- On the same screen tap on the HP Wireless Direct icon for the further process.
- Now it’s time to go on your computer or phone. In it connect to HP Wireless Direct or Wi-Fi direct. You can do it in the same way as you do for other wireless networks.
- If you are using HP Wireless Direct or Wi-Fi direct with security then you have to enter the WPA2 password.
- To print open, the image or document on devices such as a computer or mobile phone hit on File and then on Print.
- If you are using a mobile phone then you just have to tap on Print.
So, these were steps to connect the HP printer to WiFi without using a router.
I hope that by reading this article you have successfully connected the HP printer to WiFi.