The term Social Media in this recent time has been popular for its interesting features. When we talk about the term social media we have multiple platforms such as Watsapp, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and many others. All these platforms have strong competition because many of them have the same features. In this article, we will focus on Snapchat as users are taking a keen interest in Snapchat and having problems related to it. Snapchat is only one social media platform on which the message is deleted automatically when it is seen. The user can also save the conversation for permanent. The message will be saved for both sender and receiver. Many users reported that they are not able to recover deleted Snapchat messages. Reading this article will definitely give an idea about recovering deleted Snapchat messages.
Well, Snapchat is one of the best video sharing application in this time. The user can also share photos with different filters with his friends. These photos and videos are known as snap on Snapchat. The term Snapchat is a combination of two words that is snap means photos and videos and chat means doing a discussion on that particular snap. This makes the word Snapchat. Sending snaps daily to friends makes a snap streak which is interesting and it makes users be more active on Snapchat. The user can also see the location of his friend if the friend is allowing for it.
So, this was all about Snapchat. Now it’s time to learn how to save chat on Snapchat and how to recover deleted Snapchat messages. The article consists of methods for both Android and iOS.
Steps to Save Messages on Snapchat
As I have told you that Snapchat consists of awesome features that make it different from other social media. If you don’t save it it will vanish at the moment you have seen it. If you want to save the chat for a permanent basis then follow the following steps:
- At first, launch Snapchat and do sign in.
- Once you have the screen then do right swipe to see contact on your Snapchat.
- Now tap on the contact to whom you want to chat.
- After this send the message and hold the message till it won’t get grey. The grey color defines that the message is saved. It is the same if you are the receiver.
- If you want to unsave the message then hold the message for seconds. The grey color will vanish and the interesting part is that the message will also vanish.
So, this is how you can save messages on Snapchat. You can also unsave the chat when needed.
How to recover Snapchat deleted messages using a File Manager?
As the Snapchat messages are deleted automatically within seconds users are asking how to recover those messages. In this guide, you have to make use of file manager to recover those messages. Below are steps to recover deleted Snapchat messages using the file manager.
- These messages are in a file manager with the name .nomedia extension. To have these deleted messages you have to rename the .nomedia extension. This can be done only with file manager applications such as Astro File Manager, File Expert, and OI file manager.
- In the file manager, you will have a folder named com.snapchat.android.
- In it, you will have several subfolders and in it, you have to look for the .nomedia extension because it contains deleted Snapchat messages.
- To make them visible you have to rename the file by removing the .nomedia extension.
- By doing this you can also see thumbnails with messages.
Well, I am not sure that this will work for you because it is complicated as you have to find the folders.
How to recover Snapchat deleted messages using third-party tool on Android?
For Android, we will use the Dumpster app for the recovery of Snapchat deleted messages. You can get a dumpster from the Google Play Store. It works as a recycle bin on the android phone. The Dumpster has the ability to recover all types of files including videos and images. It will not demand you for the internet connection and there is no need to root your android.
- First of all download and install the Dumpster app on your Android.
- After this open the Snapchat photos and videos.
- Once you are finished with this then open the Dumpster app to see the Snapchat videos and photos.
- When the Dumpster app is ON you will see all your snap photos and videos on it.
Make a note that this technique will work only if you haven’t opened the snap photos and videos earlier. You can also use the FoneLab tool instead of the Dumpster app.
How to recover Snapchat deleted messages using FoneLab tool on iOS device
If you are iPhone or iPad user then you have to use the FoneLab tool to recover Snapchat deleted messages. This tool is free for Windows and Mac PC. To work on this tool you will need Windows and Mac PC.
- At first download and install the FoneLab tool on Windows or Mac PC.
- Now connect your iPhone or iPad using a USB cable to Windows or Mac PC.
- After this, you will have the Start Scan button so tap on it to start scanning.
- Once the scanning process is completed then select the Snapchat messages from the menu.
- Select the deleted messages and tap on the Recover button.
- You also have to select the destination folder.
At last wait till the deleted Snapchat messages are recovering. Make sure you apply the above steps properly.
I hope reading the above guides you are able to recover your deleted Snapchat messages on Android and iOS devices.