As we know that Microsoft in every six months gives the new update in windows 10 to optimize its operating system. Like in November it will provide a new update name as windows 10 1909 update and also known as November 2019 update, recently it has given windows 10 1903 update and also known as May 2019 update, one year before it has given October 2018 update was released. So, regularly Microsoft provides an update for the operating system. Microsoft will also keep releasing Windows updates in 2020 and 2021 but many users have complained that Windows 10 is getting slow after update.
There are many Windows inbuilt processes like svchost.exe causing high CPU usage due to which Windows 10 perform slow. So, we have studied the whole issue and by studying it we came out with a couple of tricks to overcome this issue. But Before applying the tricks you should know what is the exact problem that causes the windows 10 slow after update. So, there are many reasons behind this issue and we have listed some of the common issues.
- If updates are not installed completely or properly then your Windows 10 System might show the slow performance.
- If the update is high as compare to your current system then it means the update is not compatible with the system.
- If your windows system file gets corrupted then it may lead to many Windows 10 errors.
- If your computer or system contains the malware or spyware.
So, these were the basic reasons behind the windows 10 slow after update. Now you can go on tricks once you know the cause. So, tricks are below with their detailed solutions.
Use Windows Defender to detect a virus
If you have viruses or malware on your computer then many problems occur due to it. Problems like your important file might be deleted and most importantly it slows down your system. So to overcome you just have to run windows defender on your system which will remove the viruses.
- Step 1: On Windows 10 go to settings and tap on the Update and Security option for the further process.
- Step 2: Once you tap on Update and Security then you will have option name as Windows Security just tap on it.
- Step 3: In Windows Security hit on Virus and threat protection option.
- Step 4: Once you tap on Virus and threat protection option then you will have a different section on it. You have to go on the Threat history section and hit on Scan now for scanning your computer.
- Step 5: If windows defender found viruses or malware on your computer it will give you instructions to remove it. So, you just have to follow the instructions to remove it.
So likewise you can run the windows defender on windows 10 to remove viruses or malware.
Run System File Checker
Many windows 10 problems like blue screen error, some time computer won’t respond and mainly windows 10 slow issue is also caused if your system file is corrupt or missing. Repair the system files by running the System File Checker.
- Step 1: First of all go on the start menu and search for cmd.
- Step 2: Now do right tap on command prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Step 3: In command prompt type sfc /scannow and hit on enter.
- Step 4: Once you tap on enter it will start scanning your computer for repairing the corrupted file.
So, these were the steps to scan your computer so that a corrupted file can be detected.
Increase the Paging file Size
Paging file comes in use when your physical memory that is RAM have no storage space in it. In this situation, windows transfer some of files to a paging file so that due to full storage your computer won’t be slow. So, to increase the paging file follow the below steps:
- Step 1: At first go to the search box on your Windows 10 and search for Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
- Step 2: Once you open the performance option then in it go on Advanced tab and tap on Change button.
- Step 3: Now you will have a new interface showing virtual memory. In it uncheck the option name as Automatically manage paging file size for all drives and most importantly choose the drive. And then go on the Custom size and increase the Initial size and Maximum size and while increasing size just see the recommended size. Step 4: Finally hit on the OK button to make changes.
- Step 5: Now to make the changes save restart your Windows 10.
So, this is how you can increase the size of the paging file to make smooth and faster your windows 10.
Update Graphic Driver
The main reason for having your windows 10 slow after windows 10 update is that the driver you already have in your computer is not compatible with windows 10 update. Especially graphics driver is not compatible with the new update so an ultimate solution to this problem is to update the graphic driver.
- Step 1: On your windows 10 go on This PC and do right tap on it and choose Manage and select Device Manager for the further process.
- Step 2: Once you tap on Device Manager then expand the option name as Display adaptors.
- Step 3: Under display adaptors do right tap on graphics driver and hit on Update driver.
So, by applying the above steps you will able to update the graphics driver. Make sure you follow all the steps in sequence.
Stop Background Apps
In Windows 10 there are multiple apps that are running in the background even windows 10 users don’t know. Those apps are known as native apps that run in the background. If the unnecessary apps will run in the background obviously it will consume more resources of the computer and it will lead to windows 10 running slow issue. So, to overcome this issue you just have to disable the background apps by following below steps:
- Step 1: On your windows 10 open windows settings by holding Windows key + I key.
- Step 2: Once you have windows settings then tap on Privacy and then on Background apps.
- Step 3: Now you will have a list of background apps that are running on your computer with a toggle on the side so you can make it off when don’t need it.
- Step 4: Now to the toggle off of app that you want to disable. So, this is how you can stop or disable background app so that it can not consume resources.
I hope that these solutions will fix your Slow Windows 10 and will also make your windows 10 faster than before. If you won’t get the expected output from the first solutions then you should go on our next solution.