Microsoft introduced a new Weather Widget to the left side of the Windows 11 Taskbar with Windows Insider Preview Build 22518 and now its live to all the users with the latest Windows 11 KB5010414 (22000.527). The new Weather Widget looked similar to the news and interest widget of Windows 10 but was disliked by majority of users and it might be the same case here. So, we have covered the both steps to add or remove Weather from the Taskbar.
New Weather Widget on Windows 11 Taskbar
Microsoft has replaced the Widget icon with the live Weather forecast on the left side of the Taskbar. It’s just not only the weather but Windows 11 Widgets also appears on the hover. The Windows + W shortcut remains the same for accessing Widgets.
If Taskbar icons are aligned left then the simple live weather icon with readings will along with other pinned app icons. The icon alignment can be changed from the Taskbar settings page.
Read Also: Enable Drag and Drop on Windows 11 Taskbar
How to get new Weather Widget on Windows 11 Taskbar?
The new Weather Widget feature is shipped with the Windows 11 KB5010414, 15 February 2022 update. As of now, it’s an optional preview update so the user have to manually download and install this update. Later, it will be automatically shipped with the quality and security update.
- Launch the Search with Windows + S shortcut to type and open Windows Update settings.
- Check for updates and let Windows automatically download and install the updates.
- Also, download and install the following optional update.
2022-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 x64-based Systems (KB5010414) is available.
- If it’s already past the February 2022 then also download and install all the released updates.
How to enable or disable Weather Widget from Windows 11 Taskbar?
The Weather can be accessed in the same manner and with the same name as Widgets on Windows 11.
- Go to Settings app and hit on the Personalization option from the left side menu.
- Then scroll down to the the Taskbar option from the right pane.
- Enable or disable the Weather Widget toggle from the Taskbar items.
You may scroll down to access Taskbar behaviors and check how Weather Widget icon looks with the Taskbar alignment to left and center.
Weather Widget with Taskbar alignment to Center
Weather Widget with Taskbar alignment to Left
So that’s everything about new Widget replacement by Weather on left side of the Windows 11 Taskbar.