As I know many users do not know what is going on their computer and some users see the problem but they don’t know what it is and why it is occurring in our computer. So, have you ever seen svchost.exe high CPU usage in your task manager by clicking the processes tab? If yes you have seen that there is multiple svchost.exe running on your computer but you don’t know what it is and why it is running on your computer. And most importantly you can’t delete or kill them to stop within the task manager. In this blog, I will clear your all doubts about svchost.exe.
What is svchost.exe?
SVCHOST.EXE stands for Service Host which means it hosts the services. Svchost.exe (netsvcs) is a process which can host multiple windows service host local system processes. Many users think that from where the svchost.exe came into existence. So, before many years Microsoft started moving all the functionality from internal Windows services to ‘.dll’ file but the problem is that you can’t start .dll file from windows. It has to load from .exe. So, likewise, svchost.exe was born or came into existence.
Now one more question is that why there are so many svchost.exe running on the computer? So, the answer is here, If you want an answer just go in Control panel you will notice that there are multiple services required by windows. If each and every single service ran in a one svchost.exe it will create load and it brings down the whole windows system down. So, that is why Microsoft has organized a logical group for services and most importantly they have created each svchost.exe for each group.
Fix svchost.exe high CPU Usage on Windows
The main and foremost problem of svchost.exe is that it uses more CPU. Now the big question is how to fix it? So, here are the solutions which will help you out to solve this issue.
- Disable services that cause svchost.exe high CPU usage.
- Scan your computer to detect viruses and malware.
- Clear Event Viewer Log.
So, above are some important tricks which will help you out to solve svchost.exe (netsvcs) and other Google Chrome Helper high CPU usage issue and below I will give you its solutions in detail so that you can understand it and you can apply it for an issue.
Disable services that cause svchost.exe high CPU usage
Yes by applying this trick you can overcome this issue. This trick will let you know which program or which services are using more CPU. So, to do so follow the following steps:
- Step 1: At first you should have a task manager. So, to have it press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Step 2: In the task manager, you will have different tabs, navigate to the Processes tab.
- Step 3: Now its time to select the svchost.exe which uses more CPU.
- Step 4: Hit right mouse click and select Go to services option.
- Step 5: Now you will have Services tab and you have to highlight services that use the svchost.exe process.
- Step 6: To have Windows Services you have to hold the Services button.
- Step 7: Now select the services that using svchost.exe process and do right tap on it and hit on Restart.
- Step 8: After doing restart also svchost.exe process using more CPU so, you should stop it. To do so do right tap on it and select Stop.
- Step 9: There is another option also, you can disable service by taping on it and select Open Services.
- Step 10: Now select it from Windows Services and do the double tap on it and click on Disable button after that tap on the Apply button and then on the OK button.
I hope that now svchost.exe high CPU usage issue is solved. If not you can go to our next solution which will definitely help you out in solving this issue.
Scan your Computer to Detect Virus and Malware
Virus and malware also arise svchost.exe high CPU usage problem. Because your computer is having more viruses and malware or your computer is affected by malicious programs. It leads to more usage of CPU. So, to overcome this issue you have to download and you have to install antivirus software to have a full scan of your computer.
If this is really a reason for your problem so I will suggest two antivirus software tips which is best for your computer. At first, you should enable Windows Defender and if you want to enhance the security measures for your computer then you should update the Windows Defender to the latest version and then perform a full scan on your computer to let Antimalware Service Executable detect viruses and malware.
Clear Event Viewer Log
I have seen many times the svchost.exe (netsvcs) problem is solved by clearing the event viewer log file. It will also reduce the load on the CPU and other resources of your system. Follow the steps to clear the event viewer log on Windows.
- Step 1: At first you should have a Run dialog box. To have it hold Windows + R key.
- Step 2: In the run dialog box type eventvwr and tap on Enter.
- Step 3: Now you will have a new window containing the event. Tap on sub-items to expand it in windows log segment.
- Step 4: Now do right tap on Application and choose Clear Log.
- Step 5: You must clean other Security and System logs by applying the same process.
- Step 6: Now, finally restart your computer.
Now you will see that there will be low usage of CPU and you will be efficiently perform other tasks on your system such as playing games and edit high graphics videos.
So, this was the whole blog containing three tricks with the describe solutions so that you can understand and apply it on your computer. I must say that you follow the steps in sequence so that you can have your expected result. I hope that this much information is enough to solve svchost.exe high CPU usage issue.