PCSX2, PS2EMU, and NeutrinoSX2 are the three best PS2 Emulator for Windows, MAC, and Linux. PCSX2 is one of my favorite emulators to play PS2 games on my Windows 10 PC. Its latest version 1.4 was recently launched with the increased list of playable games and lot of bugs were also fixed. The only drawback with this PS2 Emulator is you need to externally download PS2 BIOS and attach PS2 BIOS directory in the emulator settings.
Due to copyright issues, PCSX2 hasn’t included the PS2 BIOS directory by default. In this article, we will show you the step by step guide on How to download and install PCSX2 on your Windows, MAC, or Linux? and How to download and include PS2 BIOS in the PCSX2 Emulator? and finally, How to play PS2 Games on your PC through PCSX2 Emulator?
Linuzappz and Shadow independently started with the pcsx2 PS2 Emulator development by integrating ps2 bios and later ps2 bios was excluded due to Sony Copyright Claim over the ownership of ps2 bios. pcsx2 still lacks some development compares to the ps2 console but it also has some advantages over real ps2 hardware like high-resolution support, smooth texture, and anti-aliasing filter. This was a small introduction about PS2 Emulator BIOS, now let’s move to the main topics of downloading and integrating PS2 BIOS on PCSX2 Emulator.
How to install PCSX2 PS2 Emulator on Windows, MAC, and Linux?
PCSX2 ps2 emulator can be easily installed on Windows, MAC, and Linux just like any other software or computer program. You just have to download PS2 emulator respective installation file from PCSX2 official website and then follow the default installation process on your PC. Double click on pcsx2.exe to install ps2 emulator on your Windows. You need to run few commands to execute PCSX2 on Linux or you can follow the Linux installation guide on the PCSX2 official Github Page. It will be a pretty easy installation on MAC devices too.
How to include PS2 BIOS on PCSX2 Emulator?
You have to externally include PS2 BIOS on PCSX2 in order to play ps2 games on your computer or laptop. Once PCSX2 Emulator is successfully installed on your computer then follow the steps to integrate the PS2 BIOS directory to PCSX2 Emulator.
- Step 1: Download PS2 BIOS zip file on your computer and extract in one folder.
- Step 2: Open PCSX2 Emulator on Your Device, first-time installation screen will appear.
- Step 3: Click on Open in Explorer button in the BIOS Path option.
- Step 4: Copy all the BIOS Files in the PS2 BIOS folder of the PCSX2 Emulator.
- Step 5: Close the PS2 BIOS Folder and Refresh the PS2 BIOS List.
- Step 6: Select your country PS2 BIOS from Europe, Japan, and the USA.
- Step 7: Click on finish to finish the PS2 BIOS integration with PCSX2 emulator.
So that was the quick and easy method to download and integrate PS2 BIOS in PCSX2 Emulator, Now let’s check out some PS2 games on PC.
Play PS2 Games on PC
Once PS2 emulator is properly installed on your computer and PS2 BIOS is integrated with the emulator then you can play PS2 Games using two methods. In the first method, you can directly plug the DVD of the game and start playing on your computer from the PCSX2 emulator or you can attach ripped isos files of the PS2 games in the PCSX2 emulator. PS2 ISOs also know as PS2 Roms Games are freely available to download from the internet. Let’s see the steps to play PS2 Game on computer.
- Open PS2 Emulator.
- Click on the CDVD option on the top menu of the emulator.
- Navigate to the Iso Selector and Browse the downloaded iso game file.
- Click on System option in the top menu and select Boot CDVD option.
- It will launch the selected iso game.
So this is the guide to download PS2 BIOS and integrate it with the PS2 emulator and play the ps2 game on Windows, MAC and Linux PCs.