As we know that Google Chrome is the best Windows 10 browser among all the browser. It is best because of its multiple advantages. But it does not mean that Google Chrome does not have issues related to it. So, issues or we can say problem like chrome black screen error on its homepage or while surfing popular websites like YouTube and Facebook. When you want to search for an important thing or watch movie on Netflix but you can’t because of this problem and such netflix site error also feels quite frustrating when you can’t do work due to this mess. But you don’t have to worry because you are on the right platform which will provide you the reason why this google chrome screen turns to black on Windows 10 and this platform will also provide you the beneficial solutions. By applying the solutions you will normally able to use your favorite Chrome browser.
There are many situations in which black screen error occurs. So, situations like many google chrome users have experienced that when they minimize and maximize google chrome window then suddenly google chrome whole screen turn into black, some users have experienced that when they open a web page of Youtube. Likewise, there are multiple situations in which you might come across this error. But as I have told you that you don’t have to worry because below are the easy tricks or we can say methods to convert black screen into the normal screen.
- Remove Google Chrome Extensions
- Run Google Chrome as Compatibility Mode
- Disable Hardware Acceleration
Above are the only tricks which can give you the idea but below are the solutions which can help you out to implement the above tricks.
Remove Google Chrome Extensions
Some users have experienced Google Chrome extensions are the reason behind chrome black screen error while watching videos on Youtube and on other websites. Extensions on Windows 10 are for making chrome as per one need and preferences. So, the solution to this problem is to disable or we can say remove google chrome extensions. To do so follow the below steps properly:
- Step 1: At first open google chrome and click on three dots for the menu and tap on More tools and then on Extensions to have extension page.
- Step 2: Now you will have extensions on the page you just have disabled them one by one by doing blue toggle off.
- Step 3: Now finally restart your computer to take place the changes.
Now check whether Google Chrome black screen error exists or not. Make sure you follow all the steps.
Run Google Chrome as Compatibility Mode
In this trick, you don’t need to open google chrome. You just have to change the compatibility mode options and you have to select windows version. It is said that by selecting windows 7 version the problem is solved easily without getting a problem. So, to do so follow the below steps:
- Step 1: At first do right tap on the google chrome logo and hit on Properties.
- Step 2: Now you will see the google chrome properties screen. Just go on the compatibility tab and do tick on Run this program in compatibility mode for and choose the windows version.
- Step 3: At last tap on the Apply button and then on the OK button to save the changes.
So, this was the whole process to enable compatibility mode and to change the windows version. Now you won’t face Google Chrome Black Screen error on your Windows 10 or 7 computer.
Disable Hardware Acceleration
Its is seen that enabling hardware acceleration means most of the task in the browser are handled by GPU. The main advantage of GPU is that it frees up the CPU usage so multiple programs can be run. But the drawback is that most of the load is on the browser due to which you face Google chrome black screen issue during streaming Youtube videos on Windows 10 PC. So, just disable the hardware acceleration from Google Chrome flags settings to overcome this problem.
- Step 1: First of all open Google Chrome and tap on 3 dots which is known as a menu and hit on Settings.
- Step 2: Once you have clicked on Settings you have to scroll the screen until you won’t get Advanced option and must tap on it.
- Step 3: Once again you have to scroll the screen until System section and do the toggle off of Use hardware acceleration when available to disable it.
So, the above process will disable the hardware acceleration option and will bring Google Chrome to the normal states.
At last, I must say that before applying the above solutions you should first of all reinstall or update your Google Chrome because faulty installation or out dates version may also create the problems. So, reinstall and update your Google Chrome before applying the above tricks. Also go through the procedure to enable adobe flash player in browser.
Finally, I hope that this much information is enough the Google Chrome Black Screen issue and I am sure that this trick will prove helpful or beneficial for you.