As we know that in today’s gaming mode scenario most of the people use the discord app to communicate instead of other social sites like Skype and all. So, as the use of discord screen share has increased, many users have reported a common problem like discord mic not working. Just assume that you want to call your cousin or your best friend but you are not able to use the microphone on the discord. We have covered a bunch of solutions and tricks to solve the issue.
There are two reasons behind the discord mic issues, first is discord wrong settings and second is if your headset is not working. You have to check whether discord settings has a problem or your headset’s mic. To check you have to connect another headset to it and you have to see whether it is working or not. If not working means you have a problem in discord. And if it works then you have a problem with your headset. So, this was the simple trick to find the problem. You must apply this trick before jumping to the following solutions.
- Update audio driver
- Reset voice settings of discord
- Quit or restart discord and run it as administrator
Update Audio Driver
Yes, discord mic not working issue is also caused if you use an old or faulty audio driver in your system. You have to make sure that you are using the updated audio driver. So, the solution to this problem is to update your audio driver as soon as possible. So, there are 2 ways to implement this solution first is to update the driver manually by going into the device manager and second is to use a third-party driver software like driver easy to automatically update all the drivers. I would suggest you go through the second way that is update driver by automatically. Automatically updating driver means you just have to download and install Driver Easy which will scan your system and will recognize which driver is good for the system.
- Step 1: At first you just have to download and install Driver Easy from the official site.
- Step 2: Now open driver easy and hit on Scan Now so that your system will be scanned by the DriverEasy.
- Step 3: After all, you have to tap on the Update button which is at the left side. By doing so you will have updated driver on your system. You can implement this step on the free version of driver easy.
- Step 4: You can also tap on Update All to update the driver on your system automatically but you will require a pro version for implementation of this step.
So, this was the whole process to update the audio driver to fix the mic related errors while using discord.
Reset Voice Settings of Discord
In some cases, I have seen that resetting voice settings of discord solves the issue. So, my advice is to apply this trick as default mic audio settings are preferred. Follow the points to reset voice settings of discord app.
- At first, open the home page of discord and tap on the gear Settings icon.
- Now you will have many options, just click on Voice and Video and tap on another button named as Reset Voice Settings.
- Now you will have confirmation message you have to hit on Okay.
Now finally connect your microphone and try to send audio to your friend on discord to check whether this trick works or not.
Run Discord as an Administrator
You can also fix the discord mic audio error by running discord as an administrator.
- First, completely close the discord app on your PC. Recheck all the running apps in the task manager and in the hidden icons list of the taskbar.
- Open your Desktop and right mouse click on the Discord shortcut icon and choose Run as administrator.
- Finally, click on Yes when prompted.
Now you will be able to communicate through audio on discord with your friends.
Also, check out the steps to setup discord overlay on Windows.
So, this was the whole blog post which contains beneficial information for users who faces mic not working issue on the discord. Apply the best three solutions to fix the audio chat and mic related problems.