Enable the Sync Backup Feature in Chrome
Follow the below steps:
- In order to enable Chrome Sync feature, you need to click on the “Menu” icon shown on the top left part of the screen.
- Now select “Settings”.
- After that, you are required to sign in t your Google account from the “Sign in” section.
- When you log in, you can choose which content to sync and you can do that by clicking on the option –“Advanced sync settings”.
You need to do the same for the Google Chrome browser running on some other computers as well in order to sync every user data on multiple devices. In order to ensure security, avoid choosing Chrome Sync feature on the laptop or computer which you do not rely on. This is due to the fact that your data gets saved and easily accessible on these systems. In case, if you wish to discard all user data of your Chrome browser directly from a specific computer then you only need to disconnect the Google account from the Chrome Sync.
Also Read About How to fix other Chrome Errors:
Backup Saved Password in Chrome using NirSoft
The tool is recommended one and available freely. You can export all the saved passwords on your Chrome browser to HTML or an XML file. The tool also permits you to read the stored passwords directly from some external resource, like an external hard drive.
- First of all, you need to download and install the ChromePass tool.
- Once the installation is done, launch it and then click on the “Refresh” button in order to avail the updated list.
- Now, you are allowed to choose some saved passwords for the purpose of export or you can choose to backup them all. The tool facilitates you to export the stored passwords to different files like XML, HTML, TXT, and KeePass .csv file.
Backup Chrome Bookmarks from Bookmark Manager
You can backup and restore chrome bookmarks using import and export inbuilt feature of chrome.
Follow below steps to backup and restore chrome bookmarks.
- Navigate to customize and control google chrome button.
- Now go to Bookmark.
- Select the option -Bookmark manager.
- Now you need to click Organize at top.
- After that just click on “Export bookmarks to HTML file”
- You are allowed to save this file to any location into your computer USB drives. Moreover, you also get the flexibility to change the file name.
- Now open the new chrome browser into which you wish to import the bookmarks.
- Navigate to Bookmark manager and click on Organize.
- Now click on “Import bookmarks to HTML file”.
- In case you have already saved file in USB then insert it. Now choose HTML file in USB and then click on Open.
Use Handy Backup Tool
Google Chrome backup tool functions to keep user-related settings as well as data such as passwords, favorites, history protected from different threats like virus attacks or system crash. The tool named Handy Backup functions as Google Chrome backup software, from which you can back up its settings folder. To use it, you only need to save a subfolder situated inside the current user data folder which includes every Google Chrome data.
If you use Windows, use this path to find this folder:
If you use Linux, use this path:
All above methods will help you to restore and backup all settings of chrome ranging from bookmarks, auto fill, saved passwords and history. You can apply these methods on multiple devices such as Windows, MAC PC, Android and iPhone which supports chrome browser.